Baguette with chicken and broccoli/apricot salsa
Ingredients for 10 servings:
- 10 chicken breasts
- 10 slices of bacon
- 150 g cream cheese
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- The juice of 2 limes
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 200 g broccoli tops (cooked)
- 100 g dried apricot
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tsp finely chopped chili
- 250 g lettuce (e.g. Red Rhubarb)
- Cook the chicken breasts and cut them into thin strips (remember to let them rest after cooking).
- Mix all the ingredients for the spread in a food processor and spread on the bottom half.
- Add a generous layer of salad and sliced chicken on top.
- Blend all the ingredients for the broccoli salsa in a food processor to a coarse paste spread on top of the chicken.
Serve with sourdough chips on the side.
Cut fine slices of sourdough baguette brushed with olive oil and toast in the oven at 250 0C for 5 minutes with some sea salt.