Grilled sourdough sandwich with salt-cured ham and mozzarella
Serves 10 people
- 20 slices of Sliced sourdough bread
- 20 slices of salt-cured ham
- 20 slices of tomato
- 200g pine nuts (toasted)
- 400g cream cheese
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 200g rocket leaves
- Spread cream cheese on the top and bottom slices.
- Top with rocket leaves two slices of salt-cured ham, two slices of tomato, sliced onion and toasted pine nuts.
- Toast in panini press at around 250 0C for 5 minutes.
Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until golden; this brings out a lovely nutty flavour.
For that extra southern European flavour, try topping with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
Add pesto or another nice flavour to the cream cheese – this will enhance the ham flavour.