Orange Caramel Pecan Swirl
Serve 10 people
- 10 Mini cinnamon swirls, baked
- 1dl sugar
- 1/4dl water
- 3/4 dl heavy cream
- 3½ tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup finely chooped pecans
By Hanne Bojsen, Lantmännen Unibake Denmark
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil, without stirring.
- Boil until the syrup is a deep amber color (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Remove the sugar from the heat and carefully whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble.
- Stir in the unsalted butter and salt.
- Transfer the caranmel to a dish and cool.
- Top the pastries with finely chopped pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce.