Sandwich with scrambled eggs, bacon and oven-baked tomatoes
Serves 10 people
- 10p. Rolls with pumpkin seeds
- 10 slices air-dried ham
- 250g. mixed lettuce or baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (capsicum)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Heat up a frying pan with with oil.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, salt and pepper, beat it gently and pour it in the frying pan.
- Stir gently until the egg mass is firm.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with oregano and bake them in a preheated oven by 190 degrees C for 12-15 minutes.
- Oven-baked tomatoes are perfect as sandwich filling, because the moisture from the tomatoes evaporates, which leaves the texture of the bread intact.
- Place the air-dried ham on a baking sheet and cook it in a preheated oven by 190 degrees C for 8-10 minutes, until it is crispy.
- Bake the pumpkin seed rolls following the instructions, and let them cool off.
- Slice the rolls and fill them with lettuce or baby spinach, scrambled eggs, bacon and oven-baked tomatoes.
This sandwich is a perfect lunch or breakfast meal.