Burger with Steak Béarnaise
By Hanne Bojsen, Lantmännen Unibake Denmark
Burger with steak béarnaise with chili roasted onions and mushrooms and tarragon mayo
- Mix together egg yolks, mustard, vinegar and béarnaise-essence, gradually add oil and whisk until the oil is fully obtained in the mixture.
- Flavor with tarragon, salt and pepper.
Caramelized and chili roasted onions and mushrooms:
- Let cane sugar melt in a pan, add oil and let it heat up.
- Add chili and onions, let it fry up until the onions are tender and browned
- Add mushrooms and let it fry a few more minutes.
- Flavor with lemon, salt and pepper.
- Fry the steaks in a grill pan with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the buns
- Spread the buns with tarragon mayo, stuff with mixed lettuce, steak and top up with caramelized and chili roasted onions and mushrooms.
Serve with: Mashed potatoes, fries, chili-fries, root vegetable-fries, tortillas chips, onion rings or a garden salad.