Serves 10 people
- 40 pcs (640 g) of premium falafel or fried chicken
- 800 g beets, washed
- Coarse sea salt
- 10 pcs of Viking flatbread (Tunnbröd)
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar (alt. red wine vinegar)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- 500 g corrots salad with orange
- 1 big orange
- 400 ml Turkish yoghurt for serving
- 4 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Put the beets in an oven proof tray and cover with sea salt. Make sure the beets are completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 1 hour until they are tender all way through. Cool down. Or use pre cooked beets.
- Peel the beets and chop them into small pieces, use possibly a food processor and ”pulse” mix it roughly.
- Dress with some sherry vinegar and olive oil.
- Fry the falafel as instructed on the package.
- Make the orange carrot salad, carrot julienne, zest and juice from one orange salt and pepper
- Heat the bread for about 20 seconds in a griddle 220 degrees.
- Put some of the beet relish, four falafel, a spoon of yoghurt on top of each bread. Corrot salad, Garnish with some chives.