Meringue Vanilla Crown
Serve 10 people
- 10 Vanilla Crowns, baked according to instruction on the box
- 100 g egg whites room temperature
- 200 g caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- Seasonal fresh berries for decoration (optional)
- Mix sugar and water in a small saucepan over a medium heat, use baking thermometer to control temperature of the liquid.
- Start to whisk the egg whites slowly either in a stand mixer or with a hand-held electric whisk until it starts to form into a foam.
- Heat the sugar until it reaches 121°C then slowly pour into the egg whites still whisking.
- Turn the mixer to the full speed and whisk until cooled to room temperature – the meringue cream is now ready to use
- Use piping bag with stainless nozzles to decorate cooled crows as shown on the picture.
- give meringue a quick torch or pop the crowns under a medium grill for a few minutes for the same effect.
- Garnish with seasonal fresh berries and top with powdered sugar (optional). Serve on the dark or pastel color plate for more premium look.
For an extra flavor in meringue cream, add a dash of rosewater, orange, vanilla, peppermint or any other essence to the water to create unique aroma.