True Granny hotdog with home-made yellow ketchup
By Jonas Allermand, Lantmännen Unibake Denmark
In this retro gourmet hotdog we have added home-made yellow, coarse ketchup, pickled carrots, fried cauliflower and crumble beautifully combined with a rustic lamb sausage.
- Roast garlic, onions and rosemary in a frying pan under high temperatures.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir around.
- Add vinegar and honey and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Flavor the ketchup with salt and pepper and let it cool before serving.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, salt and pepper corn, and let it boil.
- Add carrots and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Put the cauliflower crumble on a baking sheet and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Bake it in a preheated oven by 180 degrees C for 12 minutes.
- Let the cauliflower cool off and put it in a container with paper towel in the bottom.
Ryebread and onion crumble:
- Blend the two onions to get a smooth paste and mix it with salt and grated or blended rye bread.
- Stir around until you have a porridge and then bake it in a preheated oven by 150 degrees C for approx. 20 minutes or until it is all crispy.
- Break it into a crumble and use it as topping.
NB: You can also add additional flavors such as chili or thyme