As the Key Account Manager BeLux, you define long-term plans for specific strategic key accounts & prospects, manage, develop and execute sales activities to build partnerships and meet sales targets within the full line of products.
- Develop, communicate and execute medium & long-term (3-year) strategies & short-term (1-year) business plans for designated national & international accounts and prospects (Total Foodservice KA area) to achieve maximum sales and profit growth whilst ensuring customer strategies are achieved;
- Establish close business relationships with all key customer personnel in assigned accounts, ensuring the correct frequency of contact, so that Lantmännen Unibake is involved in all relevant business development opportunities;
- Negotiate prices, rebates, over-riders, promotions, listings and payment terms to ensure the best deals are secured. Put effective trade terms structure in place;
- Facilitate the interaction between customers' key personnel and relevant colleagues to develop multi-level contacts that meet customer needs;
- Display a dynamic and *customer-centric* approach in all aspects in creating value for both parties;
- Develop, implement and evaluate cost effective pricing, promotional plans and marketing activities at account level in conjunction with colleagues, to maximize profitable sales growth.
- Work closely with all accounts to highlight NPD opportunities, develop products in conjunction with NPD colleagues for new lines including account exclusive lines so that customer needs are met and Profit/sales targets are achieved.
- Anticipate problems, identifies obstacles and enlists the support of internal resources to maintain and maximize account penetration and realization of potential revenue;
- Ensure Lantmännen Unibake is the preferred (strategic) partner;
- Manage product mix to maximize margin;
- Continually & pro-actively, monitor and analyze the QSR-market: market trends / need states in order to become and remain aware of competitor activity; share internally knowledge of competitor activity, products, services and prices and participates in the development of appropriate response activities;
- Communicate (by having ongoing dialogue) with demand planners to meet customer service level KPIs;
- Provide advance notice of events (list/delist, promotions etc.) allowing for efficient forecasting and planning;
- Lead the preparation and review of monthly sales reports, the analysis of marketplace trends, retail sales, individual account trends and competitive activity.
Experience & knowledge:
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree;
- 5+ years’ sales experience within the out-of-home market;
- Proven track record of sales of complex products to key accounts;
- Experience in managing international accounts on local level is plus;
- Excellent knowledge of the market (customers, competitors, …) and trends;
- Well-developed presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of how to set up and execute activities fo
- hunting in order to enlarge the number of accounts,
- account management, planning and account development;
- Excellent knowledge of the account organization and business strategies;
- Well-developed knowledge of contractual terms and conditions;
- Excellent communication skills (English, Dutch and French – both written and spoken)
Key capabilities and Personality:
- Analytical thinking: undertakes complex analysis and identifies performance implications through data analysis to identify improvements or make recommendations of a strategic nature;
- Customer focus: considers the strategic direction of being customer focused and its impact on the organization to ensure that the organization meets future customer needs;
- Initiative: successfully identifies and develops plans to avoid problems or to capitalize on opportunities with a long-term perspective;
- Relationship building: develops and maintains a planned network of relationships with clients, colleagues in their department and other parts of the organization, as well as internal and external stakeholders;
- Result orientation: seeks out significant challenges possibly outside the scope of their job, without compromising current accountabilities.
- Strategic thinking: thinks in strategic terms by developing and establishing broad scale, long-term objectives, goals and projects;
- Influencing others: uses complex influencing strategies building behind the scenes support for ideas and arguments;
- Organizational understanding: recognizes uses and respects the organizations culture and the effect that it has on getting things done.
Massart Gregory +32 470820593