The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the execution of the quality strategy to support the company strategy by the further development, implementation and monitoring of a consistent quality management system within Lantmännen Unibake Mouscron.
The quality manager must ensure that quality and food-safe products are produced, guaranteed and delivered, thereby optimizing the customer satisfaction.
De Quality Assurance Manager is the HACCP-team leader.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure that quality and food-safe products are always produced and delivered, linked to the customer expectations. Optimizing customer satisfaction, by translating customer requirements on product quality into the quality system.
- Quality control mission: oversee control activities during the production, the release of raw materials and critical items and the release of batches of finished products. Manage the production deviations using the systematic problem solving tools, such as 8D and 5 why and secure the measuring devices are reliable.
- Set quality objectives for the organization and monitor progress and escalate when needed. You report the necessary data for the Quality Performance Indicators. You provide follow-up KPIs and reporting tools.
- Highlight quality improvement areas to management and assists management in implementing the improvements. Responsible for on-going improvements to the methods and processes used by the quality department.
- Ensure correct analysis and follow-up of complaints and customer requirements linked to product quality and food safety and the associated actions and reports. You analyze quality issues with customers and suppliers and are responsible for the design and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions.
- You support the various departments through consultation, advice, training and initiate and supervise improvement actions.
- Lead, inspire and develop the quality department.
- You maintain a strong quality and food safety culture through regular communication and awareness raising initiatives.
- Coordinating, developing, challenging and continuously improve the existing product quality system in collaboration with the local operational management and in line with the group quality management, legislation and certification demands.
- Enhance GMP practices and develop the systems and procedures, necessary to comply with the applicable quality standards, such as BRC, IFS and customer standards, in collaboration with the Quality System Manager.
- You have a Master degree in engineering sciences (civil, industrial, bio-engineering) and can look back on at least 5 years of experience in an industrial production environment.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the quality and hygiene requirements in the food industry.
- You are an analytical, communicative team player. You know how to motivate and encourage people to work in a qualitative way.
- You can deal easily with various stakeholders at all levels within the organization and who is creative.
- You are familiar with traditional PC tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and you have affinity for new software systems.
- In addition to your fluent knowledge of Dutch and English, a good knowledge of French is an added value.
- You are a member of the site management team with a direct reporting line to the site manager and a functional reporting line to the corporate quality manager.
Massart Gregory +32 470820593