Your responsibilities as Category Manager CAPEX include management of the CAPEX category and large investment projects within the Group. Lantmännen is Northern Europe's leader in agriculture, machinery, bioenergy, and food products, we make a large number of investments each year. At Lantmännen we are business-oriented and innovative, but also responsible and sustainable. Together we take responsibility from field to fork.
This is what you will do
As Category Manager CAPEX, you will take the lead of the CAPEX category and work with the sourcing of significant investment projects. In this role, you act as a business partner to all our divisions. You also work closely with finance and the legal functions at Lantmännen. The investments can vary in size, they usually include production equipment in the form of machines, handling equipment etc. and in some cases also construction and civil engineering works.
The role includes developing our investment process to ensure that we manages investments both cost effectively and manages risks effectively. You will also work on strengthening collaboration and relationships with key suppliers. The daily tasks consist of everything from driving RPx processes, negotiation and contracting to overall project management with elements such as analysis and business cases.
As Category Manager CAPEX, you will belong to the Supply Chain Development team and be one of three employees working on investment purchasing. The team also includes project managers and analysts. You report directly to Head of Supply Chain Development and the position will be located in either Stockholm or Malmö
Please note that the role comes with some travels, sometimes with overnight stays, mainly to Sweden and the Nordics.
This is what you need to succeed
- Extensive experience from a role as a strategic purchaser, technical project manager, or production manager with investment experience. You may also have worked as a technical consultant at a reputable consulting firm.
- Experience working with larger purchases and investments, preferably as a project manager or purchaser.
- University education in the relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge both in writing and orally in both Swedish and English. Nordic languages and German is a plus.
- Pragmatic with an excellent ability to plan and organize.
- Self-driving, great at taking initiatives and comfortable with making your own decisions.
- Good at building strong relationships, both internally and externally.
- Adaptable and appreciate a varied work where you get the opportunity to work on different types of projects.
You also share our values of Openness, Holistic view and Drive – and our promise of taking responsibility from field to fork.
What we can offer
We are a large international group with diverse activities throughout the entire grain value chain – from the very sprout in the field to the food on our tables. With a wide range of businesses within food, agriculture, machinery, bioenergy and real estate, we offer career opportunities in every direction across industries, countries, companies and areas of expertise.
How to apply
Apply with your resume or by answering some questions about your experience. If you choose to answer the questions, it's possible to apply directly on your phone!
We kindly ask you to submit your application as soon as possible but no later than the 22th of September. If you have any questions, please contact Mikaela Schönström at firstname.lastname@example.org.