Main Purpose of Role
To develop and execute category plans that deliver value to Lantmännen Unibake’s bread business. Identify and deliver future sustainable profitable growth through product, portfolio and customer performance improvements.
- Responsible for the P&L of all bread categories, driving cross functional initiatives across commercial, finance and operations to deliver increased category performance.
- Translate the global bread strategy into a local UK bread strategy. Ensure NPD, product initiatives, promotional activity, and pricing are developed in line with the strategy and own the implementation
- Improve the profitability of the bread category through mix, range, pricing and distribution. Including the targeting, reporting and evaluation of cost price initiatives arising from movements in raws, exchange rates and operational changes.
- Make and execute recommendations to improve product assortment through complexity management, product harmonization, capital expenditure projects and factory capability.
- Ownership of the bread portfolio and gate keeper to portfolio changes. Responsible for ensuring decisions around new lines, portfolio changes, quality levels and costing standards are evaluated, challenged and agreed within the business.
- A strong level of experience in FMCG, with the candidate able to demonstrate successful commercial wins to drive P&L improvement.
- Excellent numerical and computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook are important.
- An understanding of the Bakery market would be desirable.
- Knowledge of both Retail and Foodservice channels would also be advantageous
A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a commercial management function. The candidate is likely to currently be at a Customer Category Manager level or Account Manager looking for the next step up into category management
Why work for us ....
- Work in an international, entrepreneurial environment
- Making a difference and contributing significantly to something greater than yourself
- Future career development to senior roles both local or international
- A competitive remuneration package
- A pioneering role in a changing and growing company with a vision to become a global leader in its industry.
lauren moch +44 01908588983