Are you eager and capable to drive Lantmännen Unibake growth through innovations (NPD/EPD)? We are looking for Global Innovation Manager in Unibake headquarters in Copenhagen. We are a great diverse team with a challenging, entrepreneurial, fun and energetic work environment. The position reports to Global Marketing Director.
- Ongoing development of Innovation Strategy and ensuring execution at both group and country level.
- Management of Unibake’s innovation process and support of process through innovation portfolio management tool. Ongoing development of tool to suit changing business requirements. Ensuring all markets are trained and fully competent in the use of the tool.
- Planning, development, measurement and delivery of key Innovation KPIs.
- In close collaboration with Marketing and R&D, definition and prioritisation of the Innovation Platforms and Opportunity Spaces – development and execution of specific projects within these areas across lead countries.
- Innovation planning – by country / category, cost of innovation by site, future investment requirements from innovation plans. NPD headcounts, structure and job role definitions.
- Visibility of Innovation Program – via annual plans, portfolio tool, Innovation News, OWOO, Innovation Awards.
- Support for local innovation teams, innovation programmes and key projects.
- Leading NPD Forum and local Heads of NPD. Leadership, organisation, alignment, training and development of key local NPD managers. Sharing of best practice across the group.
- Fostering close links and working closely with key functional leaders both at UBI and local levels including: Marketing (strategic innovation priorities, IP/OS), Category Managers (category plans & key focus areas), Sales Directors (new product ammunition to fuel growth, IKAMS / KAMS, agility), Operations (planning, trials, capabilities – where to produce, complexity, investments), R&D (requirements for research from NPD perspective, execution of new technologies), Purchasing / EXTG (EPD / procurement savings, 3rd party sourcing), Quality (nutritional, legislation, policy), Finance (planning, budgeting, reporting, costing), S&OP (capacities, where to produce, complexity).
Your KPIs will include the following, and you will also be responsible for suggesting the optimal KPIs to measure your work and innovation progress in Unibake:
- Net sales / GP1 from Innovation
- Split big bets / planned / unplanned innovation.
- Innovation investment as % net sales.
- Cost saving from EPD.
- Progression of projects through the NPD funnel.
Skills and capabilities:
- Strong interpersonal / team skills – to work with & influence people across multiple countries, functions and at multiple levels, both within the organisation & externally; ability to understand the business from their viewpoint.
- Strong communication / presentational skills – ability to generate buy in for new systems, processes, concepts, products and ideas.
- Vision – ability to see the future and guide Unibake to put itself in a position to thrive in the future bakery market.
- Good planning / organisational skills – to coordinate across multiple countries.
- Strong commercial skills – ability to develop / understand business cases, understand costs, margins, investments, paybacks and exchange rates. Also ability to understand market potential and customer needs.
- Core bakery knowledge – understanding bakery technology from both a product and a production perspective. What makes great bakery and how to make great bakery.
- Ability to work with key MS Office packages and other more specific innovation tools.
- Good University Degree (preferably at a masters level, in the food science / food technology area, but could also be from a broader business perspective).
- Minimum 15 years working in FMCG, mainly in the food and ideally bakery sector.
- Strong experience in an international organization (either in a head office role or having worked closely with head office).
- Previous experience of working with multiple nationalities / cultures.
- Team player – enjoys working across multiple functions and cultures, ability to see challenges from multifunctional perspectives.
- Can do attitude – positive, flexible, open, self starter with drive and tenacity. Very proactive and comfortable to work with minimal supervision.
- Creative with a desire to develop and support innovative products and solutions.
- Customer focused.
- Can bounce back from setbacks with alternative options and solutions.
- Has passion for baking / love of great bread.
We offer a relocation package for you and if applicable for your family to move to Copenhagen.
Joyce Welles +45 30705676