- Reporting to the Finance Director, we are looking for a Commercial business controller to join our team as we navigate the next stage of growth. The role involves working closely with the commercial organization, to ensure our growth plans are build up and are managed efficiently, monitored, reported and compliant with financial regulations. This is a varied role which requires an experienced business professional who can demonstrate ability in a range of areas and who has attention to detail.
Primary areas of responsibility:
Are you the value adding business partner who wants to be involved in all business decision making within the commercial area? We need someone that is able to deliver clear to the point reports, analysis, presentations, and communication of performance, value drivers and outlook towards different stakeholders, on senior level.
- Manage overview and insight of commercial performance and outlook of the business, on country (BENEFRITES), channel and product level.
- See through complex data and provide accurate and timely management information to the Commercial team on drivers of growth, variance and margin analysis, risks and opportunities, efficiency gains, etc.
- Formulate recommendations and action plans and monitor the realization and progress.
- Challenge and support the business with financial advice and transparency on financial performance, in their ambition to deliver profitable growth and margin expansion initiatives in line with the strategy of the company.
- Have an active role in the product review by generating and reviewing the product portfolio performance and detail variances and root-causes, understanding potential gap-closing activities
- Analyze supply plan scenarios and determine financial and customer implications, integrate these insights in the s&op process
- Lead deliverables from commercial controlling, such as weekly and monthly sales dashboard, participate in the month-end closing process, support and coordination of yearly plan, budget, forecasts and strategy exercise
- Drive continuous improvement of financial/commercial processes and systems through further automation (Power BI implementation) and process standardization.
- Be a strong, value-adding business partner to stakeholders.
- Work close together with Business Operations Controllers, Finance controller and the Commercial team.
The successful candidate:
- Hold a Master Degree in Finance (Commercial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, etc.).
- At least 5 years experience in a Controlling, Consulting or similar function in a Food or FMCG company.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen and willing to build/implement structure, processes and systems to improve the business
- Excellent communication skills, confident communicating and presenting to senior management and outgoing/communicative to be a real sparring partner for stakeholders;
- Stress resilient, result driven with a structured approach, is able to multi-task, whilst having high attention to detail
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization, have strong project management skills as well as proven record of leadership in a work setting;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and eager to drive change, a quick learner and team player
- Profound knowledge of MS office especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preferably user knowledge in AX Dynamics, QlikView and PowerBI.
- Ideally experience in FMCG/Food business
- Fluent in Dutch and English (speaking and writing), other languages such as French, Italian or Spanish is a plus.
We offer a position in which you can really influence the business decisions by delivering insights that will shape our future. Therefore, you need to be a strong business partner. In this role you have the opportunity to work closely with our colleagues in the markets we operate in.
We would welcome you to start as soon as possible and join our growth journey!
Massart Gregory +32 470820593