Bratwurst and Savoy Hot Dog
Serves 10 people
- 10 6.5" Hot Dog Rolls
- 10 Bratwursts
- 10 slices of Cheddar
- 200g diced bacon
- 200g savoy cabbage
- 1dl white vine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 150g red bell pepper, pickled or grilled
"Be inspired by the German kitchen and prepare a bratwurst dish. The bacon adds saltiness and the savoy cabbage gives elegance, sweetness and acidity. Very straigth forward, but so tasty! "
Remember to toast the roll for the freshly baked feeling.
- Fry the cabbage with white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix with shredded red bell pepper.
- Fry or grill the bratwursts.
- Fry the bacon and add the cheddar and slightly melt it.
- Toast or grill the rolls before putting the dish together.
If you wish to serve more savoy cabbage on the side, you can prepare a salad dressing with whole grain mustard and mayo.