Dry Rubbed Beef Burger With Chili Jam
Serves 10 People
- 10 Light Sourdough Gouremt Bun
- 2 kg Dexter ground beef (16-20%)
- 100 g Dry rub – light brown sugar
- 30g Ground black peppercorn
- 20g Ground green peppercorn
- 20g Paprika
- 20g Garlic salt
- 10g Course sea salt
Batch of Chili Jam
- 75g Red chilies
- 100g Red peppers
- 300g Red wine vinegar
- 500g Jam sugar
- 100g Chopped Iceberg
- 50g Sliced Red Onion
- 200g Red cabbage, finely sliced
- 200g White cabbage finely sliced
- 100g White sweet onion, finely sliced
- 200g Carrot Grated
- 200g Mayonnaise
- White wine vinegar
- 50g Chopped Chive or Parsley
- In a pestle and mortar combine the ingredients for the rub and grind together.
- Apply the rub to the burgers up to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Deseed and cut each chili into about 4 pieces.
- Blend in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Repeat steps 1 & 2 with the red peppers.
- Over the low heat dissolve the sugar in vinegar
- Add the chili & pepper mix to the pot and bring to boil. Leave boiling for ten minutes. Only stir if you need too.
- After ten minutes, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Once cool and once the chili flakes are suspended in the jelly, you can ladle into sterilized jam jars.
- The jelly will set into a set but spoonable consistancy.