Chicken burger with Chorizo jam on glazed sourdough bun
Serves 10 people
- 10 Glazed Sourdough Buns
- 2 kg Chicken breast
- 200g Seasoned flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 300g Sliced swiss cheese
- 100g Crispy fried onions
- 100g Chopped lettuce
- 200g Garlic mayonnaise or Dijonaise
Batch of Chorizo Jam
- 200g Chorizo chopped
- 1tbs Sunflower oil
- 1 large Red onion thinly sliced
- 7 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 50ml Red wine vinegar
- 40g brown sugar
- 25ml Maple syrup
- 50 ml Espresso black coffee
- Pinch of salt and pepper
By Louise Wroth, Lantmännen Unibake UK
- Prepare the chicken breasts into a butterfly by opening up and flattening out. This helps with a faster cooking time.
- Dip the breast into a bowl of seasoned flour coat and shake off excess.
- Then put the chicken breast into a separate bowl of beaten egg.
- With dry hands lift the coated chicken breasts into the crumbs and pat into the breadcrumb on to form a crispy coating.
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan with 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and cook turning every 2 minutes.
- Toast the underside of the burger bun on a griddle.
Batch of Chorizo Jam
- Use a small sized heavy-bottomed frying pan to cook the chorizo with the sunflower oil on a medium heat and stir well for about 5 minutes. Remove the chorizo with a spoon and leave aside on a plate.
- Add the onions to the remaining fat and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, maple syrup and espresso and bring to the boil while stirring. Allow the mixture to boil for about one minute. Then add the chorizo back in. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquid has thickened into a syrup.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool. Put the mixture in a food processor and chop up into a coarse jam texture.
- Spoon into a small clean sterilized jam jar and store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze.
- To build the burger you mix the lettuce into the mayonaise, apply to the bun and add the chicken onto. Extra mayo is recommended :-)
- On the toasted bottom bun, add a large dollop of chorizo jam. Then add the mayo lettuce, chicken and more mayo if required.