Bacon, Jam, and Brie Grilled Grilled Cheese
4 slices EuroBake® Swiss Muesli Loaf
½ oz. dijon mustard
2 (.75 oz.) slices of triple cream brie cheese
8 thin slices of pear
1 oz. Bacon Jam, see related recipe
Bacon Jam (Yield 12 oz.):
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 lb. thick-cut smoked bacon
- 1 T. chopped garlic
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp. chopped thyme
- ½ tsp. orange zest
- salt and pepper
To make Bacon Jam:
- Cook onion, bacon, and garlic until bacon is tender-crisp and mostly rendered for about 20 minutes. Strain off fat and deglaze the pan with coffee.
- Add back bacon mixture, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and whole grain mustard. Cook another 2-3 minutes and let cool.
- Add thyme, orange zest, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To build the sandwich:
- Brush outside of the bread slices with butter or oil
- Spread two slices of bread each with ¼ oz. Dijon mustard and top each with .75 oz brie cheese and 4 slices pear.
- Spread the remaining two slices of bread with ½ oz. bacon jam, close sandwiches and grill on both sides or in panini grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted and melty.