Gochujang Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Euro-Bake 4 1/2" Seeded Potato Bun (74845)
- 1 Gochujang Fried Chicken Thigh
- 1 Tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Kimchi Slaw
- 2 Pickle coins
Sub-ingredients for Gochujang Fried Chicken Thighs:
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup Gochujang Paste
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Gochugaru Flakes
Sub-ingredients for Kimchee Slaw:
- 1/2 cup Kimchi
- 1/2 cup shredded Daikon Radish
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup sliced Scallions
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vingegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Prepare Gochujang Fried Chicken Thighs and Kimchi Slaw sub recipes.
- Combine gochujang paste, buttermilk, kosher salt and whisk until uniform.
- Marinate chicken thighs in the gochujang and buttermilk mixture for at least 30 minutes and up to over night.
- In a separate container combine flour and gochugaru flakes together.
- Dredge marinated chicken thighs in flour mixture shaking off any excess and deep fry at 325F. Thighs are done when internal temperature reads 165F.
- Season with salt upon removing from fryer.
- Puree kimchi and reserve aside.
- Assemble remaining slaw ingredients and toss everything together and season with the kimchi puree.
- Cover and reserve under refigeration until use.
- To build one sandwich: Top toasted heel with Korean BBQ sauce, 1 Gochujang Fried Chicken Thigh, 2 Tbsp. of Kimchi Slaw, and pickles.
- Spread Kewpie Mayonnaise over the crown and top sandwich build.