Smoked Carnitas Torta
- Euro-Bake Telera roll
- 1 lb pork shoulder roast
- Pork rub: Brown sugar, Paprika, Cumin, Black pepper, Salt, Chili powder, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Chipotle powder.
- Mojo Marinade: Fresh Orange Juice, Fresh Pineapple juice, Fresh Lime juice, Cilantro (chopped), Vegetable oil, Minced garlic cloves, Sliced jalapeños, Chopped peppadew peppers, Salt.
- Toppings: Diced jalapeños, Dice tomatoes, Shredded lettuce, Crema fresca (crema, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt).
- Combine pork rub in a bowl, generously rub into pork shoulder to coat
- Combine Mojo marinade, whisk and set aside in the refrigerator
- Slow smoke pork shoulder for 4 hours, or until crust forms
- Pour Mojo marinade over pork covering entire shoulder leaving 2" of marinade juice at bottom of the pan
- Slow roast shoulder with marinade for another 4-6 hours. Ladle marinade over the shoulder to baste near last hour of roasting
- After roasting, remove and strain pork from marinade. Pull apart with forks to separate
- Prepare Torta toppings – shred iceberg lettuce, dice tomato and jalapeños
- Grill or toast Telera roll
- Add pulled pork carnitas and top with lettuce, tomato, jalapeños and crema
- Serve warm with elote, grilled Mexican street corn