Vegetarian sandwich with beetroot pesto
- Blend the boiled or baked beetroots.
- Add pine nuts, garlic, salt, lemon juice and oil and blend it all together to an even mass.
- Let it cool off.
Root vegetables with feta cheese:
- In a bowl, mix together oil, dried thyme and sea salt.
- Add root vegetables and feta cheese and stir around.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet and bake it in a preheated oven by 190 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool off
- Defrost the rolls following the instructions – you can also heat them up in the oven for a few minutes. Slice the rolls and spread them both bottom and top with beetroot pesto.
- Place rocket salad on the bottom buns and fill them up with the root vegetable and feta mixture.
- Use the top buns as lid, cut the sandwiches diagonally and serve the 20 triangular vegetarian sandwiches in your lunch or dinner buffet.
TIP! Replace the beetroots in the pesto with carrots.