Braised Greens Egg Sandwich
- Euro-Bake Portuguese Roll Halved (5480)
- ½ oz. Pickled Shallots, see related recipe
- ¼ cup Braised Greens, see related recipe
- ¼ cup chopped prosciutto, cooked crisp
- 1 egg, sunny side
Pickled Shallots (Yield: 4 oz.)
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 Tsp. black peppercorns
- ½ Tsp. coriander seed
- 4 oz. thinly sliced shallots
Braised Greens (Yield: 2 cups)
- 2 Tsp. oil
- 2 T. diced shallot
- 2 Tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 8 cups seasonal greens (such as kale, chard, mustard, collard, etc)
- salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
Toast the roll brushed with butter or oil.
Layer bottom roll with pickled shallots, braised greens, crispy prosciutto and egg, close with top bun.
Combine all ingredients in pot and heat until salt and sugar is completely dissolved, add shallot and cool.
Sauté shallot and garlic in oil. Deglaze with lemon juice. Add greens and season to taste with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Add chicken stock and simmer until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté until heated through.