Open-face grilled sourdough sandwich with poached egg
Ingredients for 10 servings
- 10 slices of sourdough bread Grann Rustic
- 10 fresh eggs
- 200g whole spinach
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 10 baked tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese
- Fry the slices of bread in a pan or oven with a little olive oil to make it crunchy.
- Lightly cook the spinach with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and distribute the spinach over the bread slices.
- Top with baked tomatoes cut into wedges and chopped feta cheese.
- A poached egg goes on top just before serving.
- Always use fresh eggs as the egg white of older eggs has a tendency to spread out during poaching, and add around 2 tbsp. of vinegar per 1.5 litres of water. The water mustn't boil, but maintain a temperature of around 60-70 0C when the eggs are in.
- Don't forget to remove the stem of the spinach leaves. And quickly fry them in a hot pan to maintain the fresh green colour.