Vegan Creamy Chickpea Salad
For 10 servings
For the creamy chickpea salad:
- 400 g canned chickpeas
- 3 medium pickles
- A big handful of lettuce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp capers½ tsp salt (big flakes)
- Some fresh rosemary
- 3-4 fresh asparagus
- 500 g arugula
- Ground black pepper
- 120 g vegan fraiche (a vegan alternative for creme fraiche)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Mash some of them a bit, but leave most whole.
- Add chopped pickles, chopped asparagus, capers, rosemary and lettuce.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper and vegan fraiche.
- Mix everything together.
- Cool in the fridge.
- Add the chickpea salad to toasted potato bun, add a handful of arugula, add some pea sprouts, some capers and salt flakes.
- Spread a bit of vegan fraiche on the top bun, close the burger and serve this burger as one big burger or alternatively divide into two smaller halves - perfect for snacking.